Follow the steps below to configure Mail for Windows XP for SMTP Authentication.
How to Configure Mail for Outlook Express for SMTP Authentication
- Open Outlook Express
- From the Tools menu, choose Accounts.
- Select your email account in the Mail Description list
- Click the Prpoerties button.
- If you have a new account (emaill address) to setup. choose Add Mail
- Follow the wizard if adding new
- IF you are editing an existing account and click Properties
- choose between POP3 and IMAP.
- if you plan to sync your email on the server and have multiple devices access it in sync use IMAP.
- Choose POP3 if you don't need your device(s) to be in sync scroll down
- Go to Tools Accounts > Mail Tab highlight account and click Properties to edit
- Click on the Servers Tab
- Tick My server requires authentication
- Click the Settings Button
- Tick the radial button use Use same settings as my incoming mail server
- Click OK and Apply in the properies window
- IF you are using POP3 and want to leave a copy of mail on the server. this setting is important when mutiple devices will be accessing a pop 3 account.
- you can set this in the tab Advanced tab as shown below
- Once you have finshed click Apply and OK
- your all done !
Congratulations! You have successfully configured Mail for Outlook Express with SMTP Authentication.
What are you waiting for? Get in touch and relieve your IT headache today!
Service quality assurances