Follow the steps below to configure Outlook 2010.
How to Configure Mail for Outlook 2010 for SMTP Authentication
- Open Outlook
- From the File Tab, choose Add Account
- or Account Settings for pre-existing accounts.
- below is the wizard screen for adding the account. it will be a POP3 or IMAP
- click next
- Enter you details as shown..obviously replacing with your email address and password.
- Before you test or click next you need to click More Settings
- You can rename your account on the general Tab if you want
- Click the Outgoing Server Tab
Tick My Outgoing Server (SMTP) requires authentication
- Tick the radial button use same settings as my incoming mail server
Click OK or move to the Advanced Tab to setup Leave a copy
- IF you want to leave a copy of mail on the server (POP3)
you can set this in the tab Advanced tab as shown below
- Once you have finshed click OK and then Next in the Email account Window and Finsh
your all done !
Congratulations! You have successfully configured Mail for Outlook with SMTP Authentication
What are you waiting for? Get in touch and relieve your IT headache today!
Service quality assurances